Interlibrary Loan Lending Policies
The Styberg Library of Garrett-Evangelical and Bexley Seabury lends library materials to other libraries, but not to individuals who are not affiliated with Garrett or Bexley Seabury. Please contact your school or public library if you would like to borrow from us.
Materials Available for Loan:
- Circulating books (limit of 4 volumes per loan)
- Dissertations and theses (only if a second copy is available)
- Microfilms (limit of 2 reels per loan)
- Videotapes in the regular stacks
Materials Unavailable for Loan:
- Periodicals – both bound and unbound – and newspapers
- Reference materials
- Items on reserves
- DVDs and music CDs
- Items from Special Collections and Archives
- Theses of which we own only one copy
- Items on the New Book Shelf
Loan Period and Renewals:
- 50 days for items not currently in heavy demand
- Subject to recall after two weeks
- Includes mailing time
- No more than one renewal
- ILLINET, Atla, CATLA, ACTS libraries – no charge
- All other libraries - $20.00 per filled loan request; $10.00 per filled article request
- Invoices are issued with the loan/photocopy. All payments should be made by check or money order in US currency. OCLC’s IFM, IFLA vouchers, international postal coupons, and cash cannot be accepted.
- Lost ILL item - $125 for replacement and $10 for processing
- Loans are shipped via USPS library rate and ILDS (Code: UNI).
- Photocopies are shipped via email, Ariel, mail, and fax.
How to Submit Requests:
OCLC (Code: JET)
Mail: Interlibrary Loan, The Styberg Library, Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary, 2121 Sheridan Road, Evanston, IL 60201