Proxy Borrowing Cards
Faculty may designate a student, such as the faculty member’s teaching assistant, to act as a proxy for checking out library materials. The faculty member must notify the Access and Public Services librarian by submitting a Research/Teaching Assistant Proxy Borrower form.
- Proxy relationships last for one semester, or longer at the faculty member’s request.
- Books checked out by the proxy appear on the faculty member’s account. A note is made in the record showing which proxy checked out the item.
- All communication regarding the item, such as overdue or recall notices, is sent to the faculty member.
- The student assistant is to use the card only as directed by the faculty member.
- The faculty member assumes all responsibility for the library materials.
- The proxy relationship is not for the student’s personal use.
Questions should be directed to the Access and Public Services Librarian, at (847) 866-3868 or by email here.