Graduating Patrons & Alumni Borrowing Cards
A hold will be placed with the Registrar on the account of graduates who have not returned library items or who owe fines to the library by a date specified by the Registrar. Students who have not returned items or paid fines by the Monday of Graduation Week (or another date chosen by the Registrar) will not be allowed to participate in Commencement. Graduating students are to contact Mary-Carol Riehs, the Access and Public Services Librarian, in person, by telephone (847-866-3868), or email to pay fines and have their library holds removed.
Student Account Expiration
- Student borrowing accounts expire on May 31st of the year of graduation.
- Graduating students are encouraged to apply for a free alumni library card.
Alumni Borrowing Cards
- Alumni Borrowing Cards may be obtained Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm at the circulation desk.
- Alumni accounts are free to G-ETS and Bexley-Seabury Alumni
- Accounts expire one year from the date they are issued and may be renewed with proof of current address.
- Alumni card privileges are extended only to the Styberg Library’s materials. Interlibrary Loan services, remote access to electronic databases (except ATLA Serials for Alums), and materials owned by the Northwestern library are not included with alumni card privileges.
- To obtain access to ATLAS for Alums (which is provided to alumni in good standing free of charge by the Styberg Library) complete the status verification form on the library website (G-ETS alums click here and Bexley-Seabury alums click here). The user name and password will be emailed to the alumus/a upon verification of graduation and good standing with the seminary.