Are you a graduate of Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary or Bexley Seabury?
If so, The Styberg Library is pleased to provide resources to help you continue your professional and spiritual development. Please read more about each option below to get started.
Alumni/ae Borrowing Cards
Borrowing Cards for Alumni/ae
Graduates from Garrett-Evangelical and Bexley Seabury may obtain a free borrowers card to check out books and media from The Styberg Library's collection. Borrowing privileges are extended only to Styberg Library materials. Interlibrary Loan services, remote access to electronic databases (except ATLASerials for Alum), and materials owned by the Northwestern University Library are not included. Cards may be obtained Monday through Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm with proper identification and proof of address.
Graduating Patrons & Alumni/ae Account Policies
- A hold will be placed with the Registrar on the account of graduates who have not returned library items or who owe fines to the library by a date specified by the Registrar. Students who have not returned items or paid fines by the Monday of Graduation Week (or another date chosen by the Registrar) will not be allowed to participate in Commencement. Graduating students are to contact Mary-Carol Riehs, Access and Public Services Librarian, in person, by telephone (847-866-3868), or email to pay fines and have their library holds removed.
Student Account Expiration:
- Student borrowing accounts expire on May 31st of the year of graduation.
- Graduating students are encouraged to apply for a free alumni library card.
Alumni Library Cards:
- Alumni cards may be obtained Monday through Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm at the circulation desk.
- Alumni accounts are free to G-ETS and Bexley-Seabury Alumni
- Alumni Library Cards expire one year from the date they are issued and may be renewed with verification of current address.
- Alumni card privileges are extended only to The Styberg Library’s materials. Interlibrary Loan services, remote access to electronic databases (except ATLASerials for Alum), and materials owned by the Northwestern library are not included with alumni card privileges.
- To obtain access to ATLASerials for Alum (which is provided to alumni in good standing free of charge by The Styberg Library), complete the status verification form on the library website (G-ETS alums click here and Bexley-Seabury alums click here). The user name and password will be emailed to the alumnus/a upon verification of graduation and good standing with the seminary.
ATLASerials for ALUM
ATLASerials for ALUM
We are pleased to offer this online full-text collection of over 250 major religion and theology journals used by libraries, librarians, scholars, students, and religious leaders. Access is limited to Garrett-Evangelical and Bexley Seabury alumni/ae. Please contact the appropriate Alumni/ae office to obtain login credentials.
Freely Available Open Access Journals
Open Access Journals
Click the link below for a curated list of open access, theology-related databases: