Are you a graduate of Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary or Bexley Seabury Seminary? If so, The Styberg Library is pleased to provide resources to help you continue your professional and spiritual development. Please read more about each option below to get started.
Alum Borrowing Cards
Borrowing Cards for Alums
Graduates from Garrett-Evangelical and Bexley Seabury may obtain a free borrowers card to check out books and media from The Styberg Library's collection. Borrowing privileges are extended only to Styberg Library materials. Interlibrary Loan services, remote access to electronic databases (except ATLASerials for Alum), and materials owned by the Northwestern University Library are not included. Cards may be obtained Monday through Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm with proper identification and proof of address.
Graduating Patrons & Alumni/ae Account Policies
- A hold will be placed with the Registrar on the account of graduates who have not returned library items or who owe fines to the library by a date specified by the Registrar. Students who have not returned items or paid fines by the Monday of Graduation Week (or another date chosen by the Registrar) will not be allowed to participate in Commencement. Graduating students are to contact Mary-Carol Riehs, Access and Public Services Librarian, in person, by telephone (847-866-3868), or email to pay fines and have their library holds removed.
Student Account Expiration:
- Student borrowing accounts expire on May 31st of the year of graduation.
- Graduating students are encouraged to apply for a free alumni library card.
Alumni Library Cards:
- Alumni cards may be obtained Monday through Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm at the circulation desk.
- Alumni accounts are free to G-ETS and Bexley-Seabury Alumni
- Alumni Library Cards expire one year from the date they are issued and may be renewed with verification of current address.
- Alumni card privileges are extended only to The Styberg Library’s materials. Interlibrary Loan services, remote access to electronic databases (except ATLASerials for Alum), and materials owned by the Northwestern library are not included with alumni card privileges.
- To obtain access to ATLASerials for Alum (which is provided to alumni in good standing free of charge by The Styberg Library), complete the status verification form on the library website (G-ETS alums click here and Bexley-Seabury alums click here). The user name and password will be emailed to the alumnus/a upon verification of graduation and good standing with the seminary.
Atlas for Alums
Atlas for Alums
We are pleased to offer this online full-text collection of over 250 major religion and theology journals used by libraries, librarians, scholars, students, and religious leaders. Access is limited to Garrett-Evangelical and Bexley Seabury alums. Please contact the appropriate Alum office to obtain login credentials.
Please note, the login information for this database changes annually. If your login attempt is unsuccessful, contact us using the appropriate form link above to receive the most current login credentials.
Freely Available Open Access Resources
Open Access Resources
Click the link below for a curated list of open access, theology-related databases:
Also, you can search USearch and use the facets on the left to limit your results to Open Access materials. When you select the Open Access link, the results page will reload only materials that are available freely online. Simply open the item records and click on the links to access the resource.