Interlibrary Loan Lending Policies
The Styberg Library of Garrett-Evangelical and Bexley-Seabury lends library materials to other libraries, but not to individuals who are not affiliated with Garrett or Bexley-Seabury. Please contact your school or public library if you would like to borrow from us.
Materials Available for Loan:
- Circulating books (limit of 4 volumes per loan)
- Dissertations and theses (only if a second copy is available)
- Microfilms (limit of 2 reels per loan)
- Videotapes in the regular stacks
Materials Unavailable for Loan:
- Periodicals – both bound and unbound – and newspapers
- Reference materials
- Items on reserves
- DVDs and music CDs
- Items from Special Collections and Archives
- Theses of which we own only one copy
- Items on the New Book Shelf
Loan Period and Renewals:
- 50 days for items not currently in heavy demand
- Subject to recall after two weeks
- Includes mailing time
- No more than one renewal
- ILLINET, ATLA, CATLA, ACTS libraries – no charge
- All other libraries - $20.00 per filled loan request; $10.00 per filled article request
- Invoices are issued with the loan/photocopy. All payments should be made by check or money order in US currency. OCLC’s IFM, IFLA vouchers, international postal coupons, and cash cannot be accepted.
- Lost ILL item - $125 for replacement and $10 for processing
- Loans are shipped via USPS library rate and ILDS (Code: UNI).
- Photocopies are shipped via email, Ariel, mail, and fax.
How to Submit Requests:
OCLC (Code: JET)
Mail: Interlibrary Loan, The Styberg Library, Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary, 2121 Sheridan Road, Evanston, IL 60201